I started my 101 things to do in 1001 days list on January 1st 2013. The goal is to complete all 101 things by September 28th, 2015. As of yesterday (August 31st, 2013), I have completed 16 things and am in the progress of working on 14 things. Not to bad, if I do say so myself. To share in my success I thought it was time for an update.
Here is where my list stands thus far:
Christy’s 101 things in 1001 days
- Inspire someone else to do the 101 list – Yelena over at the blog “The Twenty-Something” check out her list
- Create a savings account – (created savings account on Jan 2nd)
- Apply for a passport – filled out the paper work – just need to schedule and appointment and file
- Pay off all my CC debt – putting money away from tips daily to put towards CC debt – March 1st 2014 is goal!
- Travel outside the country
- Graduate from SFSU – (should graduate Spring 2014)
- Get a big girl job
- Take the LSAT – First test is on October 5th, 2013
- Apply to Law school
- Read 25 books for pleasure 4/25 – see my list of books below.
- Unplug for a weekend (phone and internet) – Must be a weekend I don’t work
- Go camping
- Go Skinny dipping
- Visit a big city in the U.S.
- Throw a big party
- Buy the person behind me coffee or a meal
- Send a care package to someone in the military
- Send a care package to a friend
- Write personal letters to at least 5 people 0/5
- Get a minimum of 50 people to follow my blog between the blogs Facebook page and the blog directly 26/50
- Go a month without take out
- Have a no spend month (groceries, bills, emergencies only)
- Ride 1000 miles 46.45/1000 – see my logged miles below – check out this post about one of my rides!
- Go on a date
- Fall in love again
- Dance in the rain
- Sing Karaoke in a bar
- Travel alone somewhere at least over night – went to Disney Land –
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter
- Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day
- Go Wine tasting in Napa
- Jump off a cliff
- Train for and Run a 5k (I am not a fan of running so this will be a challenge for me)
- Have dinner by candle light
- Give a 100% tip
- Complete a 30 day photo challenge
- Create and Inspiration/dream wall in my kitchen
- Fill my frames with pictures of people I love
- Invest in blog business cards
- Have someone redesign my blog – I redesigned it myself
- Be sponsored on my blog
- Organize and download all my photos from Facebook
- Attend a blogging conference
- Take a cooking or baking class
- Make 10 recipes from pinterest – 2/10 – Pasta tacos, pesto chicken and tomato noodles,
- Do 5 DIY projects from pinterest
- Put all of my recipes together in a cookbook
- Do 10 things from Sosh.com 0/10
- Get straight A’s one semester
- Buy new pots and pans *make the investment – my stepdad bought me some a set in August 13′
- Sponsor a child in a third world country
- Sponsor a Make a Wish Child
- Get a Tattoo
- Play Wii sports games for 30 days straight
- Buy and learn Photoshop – its been downloaded – now to learn it
- Do Yoga for 30 days straight
- Go to a concert – Swedish House Mafia 2/14/13, Tim McGraw 6/9/13
- Identify 101 things that make me smile 17/101 – see my list below
- Record myself singing and share on Facebook and YouTube
- Write a letter to myself to open when I am 30
- Watch or re-watch all movies that got best picture in the past 10 years as of 2013 0/10
- Put $10 into savings for everything completed on this list $30/$1010
- Do the A-Z picture challenge
- Keep a line a day for 3 months – ended up being more than a line a day see this Monday inspiration post
- Call my Mom/Dad/Stepmom/sister once a month for a year – I talk to one of them at least 2-3 times a month
- Write a blog post for every completed item on the list – 2/101 see all posts about completed tasks by clicking on the task
- Have acupuncture done
- Go snowboarding – I love snowboarding but don’t get to go ever now that I live in California
- Go one month without buying coffee from Starbucks
- Attend a festival – Carnival with Eva, SF Pride with J,
- Give 20 just because gifts 0/20
- Have photos taken with family
- Have boudoir photos taken
- Go to Disney World – does Disney Land count?
- Grow a plant from a seed
- Donate to a cause or charity
- Send a post card to postsecrets.com
- Send 20 postcards through post crossings 0/20
- Answer the 50 questions to free my mind
- Ride my bicycle across the golden gate bridge
- Do a full ride in Marin county
- Stay in a Bed and Breakfast
- Go to the zoo by myself
- Finish all desperate housewives episodes 57/180
- Hide a note in a book in my school library
- Go to the ballet
- Make myself a build a bear
- Put a scrapbook together of Rae and I to give to her at her graduation
- Send flowers to a friend just because
- Have a movie theater marathon: 2 movies 1 day – Joshua and I went and saw “We’re the Millers” and “Elysium”
- Learn how to golf or at least go golfing once
- Order new checks – they are very girly and even have my SF address on them
- Start reading the bible again
- Have a guest blogger – Yelena has been a guest blogger twice for Law School 101
- Be a guest blogger
- Keep flowers in my apartment for a month straight or longer – now working on keeping them continually
- Go to a big San Francisco Event – SF Pride Week
- Try a new restaurant once a week for a month
- Write at least 24 vent letters and burn them 0/25
- Leave an operation beauty note somewhere 0/10
- Brush and Floss my teeth twice a day every day for a month straight – the goal is to keep up the routine – not sure why I have this on here I think it’s a cheater because I do this everyday unless I unexpectedly stay over at a friend’s house!
#10 Read 25 books for Pleasure
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed
Tracking of #23 Ride 1000 Miles on my Bicycle
January 3rd 2013 – 26.45 miles – First trip across the bridge (also completed #8 read my post about it here)
6 miles – Through the City Bridge to Bridge
3 miles – Bike ride to Golden Gate Park with Joshua
3 miles – Bike ride to Baker Beach with Joshua
#58 Identify 101 things that make me smile
My cat (Sweetpea)
Having a place of my own
Living in San Francisco
My little Sister Rachael
Mist from the Fog
Looking at the Golden Gate Bridge
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Are you working on a 101 list? – Share your link in the comments so I can check out your list. I’d love to be a virtual cheerleader for you!
I hope y’all are having a wonderful holiday weekend and staying safe. I had a nice relaxing Friday and Saturday, today I’m working and then tomorrow will be homework and LSAT studying. What are you doing for your holiday weekend?
Today is a day for Birthdays in my family. Today is my Dad, my sister and my nanny’s birthday. I don’t have a picture of me and my nanny to post, but the above picture is of me, my dad, my sister and of course our cute little boxer. We took this picture when I was home visiting for Christmas 2011.
Today my Dad will turn 46 years old and my sister will be 17. I can not believe she is already 17 years old and that my dad is actually so young. Well anyways here’s a huge birthday shout out to some of the most important people in my life.
Happy Birthday! I love you!
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July. I would like to thank everyone who has served and serves for our country. It’s people like you that made our independence possible.
Sorry there haven’t been any posts this week. In honor of the holiday, I haven’t posted anything. As a server I don’t actually get the holiday weekend off, so my holiday relaxation is not worrying about the blog this week.
But, look forward to these exciting posts next week:
Monday Inspiration: Forget & Remember
Adventure Wednesday’s: SF Pride
and I am hoping to get an updated 101 in 1001 post out
Have a wonderful 4 day weekend loves, stay safe and for those of you in this heat wave stay hydrated!
I have managed to pack up my desk, most of my kitchen stuff (the non daily use items) and my bookshelf. Except now my book shelf is collecting random things that need to find a home in a box at some point.
I am really not a fan of packing. 1 week left and I work everyday till May 31st. So if I don’t keep working at it daily I am going to be freaking out come June 1st.
Today, I deep cleaned the kitchen while packing all the items I don’t see myself or my roommate using in the next week. All I have left is utensils, pots, pans, cups and dishes. Those items will get packed when my roommate brings her replacement items from out of storage.
Done for the day though. Now it is time to pick up a book and relax. Currently reading “Catching Fire” the 2nd book of the Hunger Games trilogy.
Do you have any packing tips or tricks to share? I’d love to hear them!