A quarter of a century has gone and you’ve just turned 25. Happy Birthday beautiful!
Now that you are at the half way point of your twenties it’s time you realize a few things. I have spent some time compiling a list of 25 thing I want you to know at 25.
1. You are beautiful
- your plump butt
- your vampire fangs
- your little bit of a tummy
- your glasses
- and all
2. Love your body! One day you will realize you’d kill to have the body you do now.
(Yes 1&2 are the same but they are very important and so worth 2 bullet points)
3. Take care of yourself
- drink more water
- stop eating so much crap
- make time for your body
- make time for YOU
4. Social Media has become a black hole for yourself. Don’t check it so often, you’re not missing out on anything. Actually your missing out on real-time happenings when you check it all the time. Set a daily limit.
5. Read more books. Read more everything, blogs, online media, newspapers, journals, magazines and more. Just spend time reading.
6. With that also pay more attention to the news and politics. These things effect you more than you actually know.
7. Pick up the phone. Instead of texting all the time, actually pick up the phone and have a conversation with people. Most importantly your family, they don’t want texts from you. They want to hear your voice and that beautiful laugh of yours. So call them, answer their phone calls.
8. Make time for people. Have that phone call, go on a walk, grab lunch, coffee or dinner. You are never to busy to squeeze in time for those that are important in your life, so stop making excuses.
9. Start networking. This is the time in your life where who you know becomes really important. We live in a society where it’s all about “who you know” not “what you know”. You’ll meet potential job associates, friends and mentors.
10. Fall in love — Often. You’re going to fall in love, wait, you’re going to need to fall in love multiple times before you find the one. You’re going to fall in love and have your heart-broken. Your going to be the one breaking someone else’s heart. Love is a necessity in life, so enjoy it, learn from it, grow from it.
11. Stop comparing yourself to your peers. Yes a lot of them might have “real” jobs, have graduated college, are working on their Masters, getting married and having kids, Who cares!!!! You’re going to get there.
12. You have so much time and endless opportunities. This goes with number 11. Chill out, slow down and enjoy where you are at right now in life.
13. It’s okay to have a plan and even more okay to wonder away from that plan. Don’t hesitate to take another path, you will reach your goals one way or the other.
14. Don’t settle. If you’re not happy with your goals, your job, your boyfriend, your friends, etc then don’t settle. If you know you’re not going to be happy, move on to something new. Your options are endless.
15. With that, Always have options. Always have another go to plan. Keep your eye open for other options. With an array of options you will one day find the perfect fit for you, no matter what that may be.
16. You’re not entitled to everything! That’s right, you have to work for everything you get. You have to work hard for your degree, the job you want, within your relationship, and for all the things you want to have in life. Don’t think just because you are who you are, or because you have done something that you are entitled to something.
17. Don’t take it personally. When people say things, act a certain way, or things just don’t go the way you planned, don’t take it personally. Understand there is a reason for everything. It may not be meant to be, someone might be struggling with something in their lives, etc.
18. Done is better than perfect. Accomplishing things is far much better for you than striving to be perfect at everything. So stop it. Just go out and do things, complete things, and stop stressing out over it being perfect or not. No one cares about perfection.
19. Be patient & Be Persistent – In love and life – slow down and let things happen as they do, but be persistent when it comes to something your really want.
20. Surround yourself with people who inspire you. You need a solid support group and having people are who are inspirational and care about you will help you be a better person and accomplish the things you wish to accomplish.
21. The credit card debt has to go – You have always struggled with credit card debt, you like to shop. Although it may not be a lot, it’s still debt. The only debt you should have right now is your student loans. So get that shit under control.
22. You NEED a savings account! First you’ll have to pay of your cc debt because a savings account is no good when you are in debt. But, with that said you have no idea what life is going to throw at you, having a savings account can do just as it says, SAVE you.
23. Travel – Well first accomplish 21 and 22 and then get out and travel. Travel around the country and most importantly get out of the country. If you can find a job with travel opportunities than take it (even if its only for a little while).
24. Enjoy the city you live in! You didn’t move to San Francisco just because. You moved here because there is so much that San Francisco has to offer. Get out there and explore every square inch of the city.
25. Learn new things & form new hobbies. Doing this will keep your life rich and interesting. Find things you enjoy doing, learning about or experiencing and continue to do them.
There are probably a million more things, I want you to know at 25 but these are what I find most important for who you are right now. Embrace yourself. Right now you are in your senior year at San Francisco State University, working towards a dream of law school, falling in love with someone and finally even yourself. You live in an absolutely amazing city, there is so much at your finger tips. You are a beautiful young women, who is in the best place of her life. Just continue to embrace what you have and enjoy every minute of whats to come.
Here’s to being 25!
I love us!
Later this week I will post my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 and I will also have a 101 things in 1001 days update post.
Happy Hump Day Lovers!